Tuesday, October 29, 2013

X-Men: Days of Future Past Official Trailer 1

The X-Men Use Time Travel


I am always weary of time travel movies, especially because there will almost always be a loop hole to find in the rules of time travel. Thus, when the decision was made to make Days of Future Past a time
travel film, I was somewhat disappointed. This letdown even managed to surpass the jubilation of having a massive ensemble cast with star studded celebrities. 

But for some reason, watching the trailer eliminated all these ill thoughts. There's something to this movie that gives it a depth in terms of emotional connectivity. Perhaps it's because I've known these characters since I was in kindergarten. Perhaps it was the music played during the trailer. What I do know is that I felt a certain sense of nostalgia. This movie allows us to see both the new and old X-Men on the same screen, sometimes even meeting each other. For some reason, that is a powerful notion. This is perhaps the first time that I can't translate my feelings into words. Perhaps a look at this trailer and you'll realize why.

x men days of future past poster

No comments:

Post a Comment